Tuesday, April 2, 2013

The Obligatory Intro Post

My name is Ash, and I don't give one single nano-fuck about My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. That said, I will be reviewing the first 3 seasons of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic in their entirety. Confused?

...Yeah, I would be too.

You're probably wondering why I'd review a series that I have no investment in whatsoever. There are actually two very simple explanations:


Money

These aren't in order of priority, by the way. But yeah, I needed a new laptop. The old one was, well...fuckin' old. It was an HP Mini-1000. It had 16 GB of storage space, 1 GB of ram, and a crap processor. It was slow to load even basic websites like TVTropes, the monitor hinge was broken on one side, and one of the speakers was busted.  And it was tiny, so doing any actual writing on it made my giant ogre hands cramp all the time. It was, by and large, a smoldering piece of shit. The best part was not having enough cash to replace it any time soon.

Enter Adam.

Adam, my best friend since high school, completely unaware of my technological plight, made me a proposal--He wanted me to watch and review every episode of MLP, just to see what would happen to my opinion of the show over time. To sweeten the deal, he offered to pay me per episode. At 65 episodes, that totaled out to be just enough to snag the laptop I'm currently writing this blog on. Needless to say, having been paid in advance, the first three seasons at minimum will be reviewed.




I Already Said I Would, And Kinda Wanted To

You may not be aware of it, but I do a podcast with Adam, originally titled Ash and Adam's Podcast! One of our earliest episodes was with a mutual friend named Ian, where the two of them discussed MLP and I kinda snarked about it. At about 29 minutes into the conversation though, I heard something that convinced me to give the show a second look.

So of course, I totally procrastinated and didn't do it. 

Days became weeks became months, and here I am nearly a year later, still not having re-watched MLP. When Adam made his proposal, the money definitely helped convince me to take on the assignment sooner, let's not bullshit ourselves here. Having established that, I have an ambition to become a professional writer. I have already been paid, making this my first real writing gig, and it's about something I'm already (somewhat) interested in doing on top of that! It's not a bad way to start things off, and if I can do this from start to finish, then I can surely do it again.

Oh, and one more thing. This is not a troll. Like I said in the beginning of this post, I don't give a shit about MLP, and that currently extends to the fanbase. I have no interest in saying shit just to rile up Bronies. What I say in this blog is going to be my own opinion, and if it ends up being controversial, then so be it. In the end, though, remember that's all it is.

So, with that all outta the way, It's time for some MLP reviews!



No comments:

Post a Comment